Thursday, September 13, 2012

I got inked!!


Today, I got a tattoo.

I have wanted one for a while, spent time researching different designs, and the hardest decision was WHERE I would want it.

At first I liked the idea of the Virgo starsign, to represent Mia.  But then I would need to remember that I must get a tattoo representing any other children too - and might not want a second tattoo.  Also, I'm not really that into Astrology.

I then saw a pic on Pinterest, a shortened version of my favourite quote, which is "Live well, Laugh often, Love much..."  And also the words of my blog's name:  Live, Love, Laugh - and I just knew that this is what I wanted to have done!

My sister came with me, and Mia was in tow too. 

I sat on the little bench, with the tattoo artist infront of me, and I gripped the sides of the stool as hard as I could...  I wasn't sure what sort of pain sensation to expect...  And it wasn't unbearable, but it was still really really sore!  Like a hard scratching feeling.  Luckily not continuous - he stops every now and then to wipe over the ink, which gives a few seconds to gather myself again.



By the time he was on the 3rd word, the last one thankfully, it was getting quite sore - but luckily it was over and done with in 15 minutes!

He said to use Bepanthen baby cream on it a couple of times a day while it heals, can wear closed shoes after a few days, and yeah - carry on as normal! :-)


I'm super pleased with it, so happy I went ahead with getting a tattoo!
Whoop whoop!
xx

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hehe, dankie Debs, so bly ek het dit gedoen! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. WOW! Stunning! I've always wanted one too but I'm too much of a chicken LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also always thought i was too much of a chicken - i'm poep-scared of needles! I promise you, if i can do it, you can too!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! LOVE the tattoo! :-)

    I've also always wanted to get one but have never managed to work up the nerve ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nusha!
      Hehe, i didn't think i'd have the guts to go through with it... But am sooooo happy I did! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Gosh, I hope you get this, just "created" myself so I can follow you and comment here.
    I lurve your tattoo. It's nice and dainty like, very nice. Have been catching up on your pics too, Mia is still soooooooooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Helen, so nice to see u here! :-)))

      Thanks for catching up on my news, appreciate it!
      Hope u guys are all well too, will pop into the Parent24 Blogs again soon! :-)
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)