Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Incey Pider"


I hate spiders so much.  Gosh, just thinking of them makes me shudder and *gril*.

Last week, on Thursday, there was a massive rainspider in our room, against the curtain.  I fetched some Doom, tried to spray the spider, but it climbed up into the pelmet - I tried to throw some shoes at it to make it fall, but it didn't work.  All this time, Mia is standing on our bed, trippling around in excitement, saying "Pider coming! Mommy 'puit' hom!"

That night Wyn caught and killed the spider for us.  Mia couldn't stop talking about this "Incey Pider" - with Pider pronounced soooo cute.  She kept telling me about "pider coming, mommy puit hom, gooi shoe!"

We told Mia that if she sees a spider, she must "Just look. Don't touch."  So there's been a lot of conversation about just looking and not touching, but the funniest is when she swaps them around and says "just touch, don't look."

Yesterday morning, snuggled up and cuddling with Mia in bed after Wyn had already left for work, Mia suddenly said, "Pider!" And I knew it wasn't to tell the story again - it was to point out that there was another damn spider.  Aaaargh!!  He climbed up into the pelmet, must have felt the vibes radiating from me - and Wyn caught and killed him again in the evening.

In the garden, there was a teeny tiny spider hanging on a tree branch, so I showed Mia to look at the little tiny spider.  She inspected it, and declared it, "ant!"
:-)
xx

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha. "Just touch. Don't look" So freaken cute man!!

    We have family members with tarantula's etc so Layla isn't freaked out by creepy crawlies which makes me nervous and I also keep saying don't touch don't touch unless mommy or daddy say you can. That said she gives the bearded dragon at Ouma's house kisses, so who knows if what I am saying even sinks in!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeek @ tarantulas and bearded dragons! LOL, brave Layla, goodness!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Ag Mia is so cute! :-)

    I also give Munchkin the "Don't touch, just look!" talk about spiders ... you never know!

    Spiders freak me out as well ... and those rain spiders are so big and scary looking!! Back when hubby and I were dating and I lived alone in a flat I found one on my lounge wall near the ceiling. My cats were sitting on the couch eyeing it out but it didn't move. I freaked, called hubby (then my boyfriend) and demanded he come and take care of it! :-D So he drove from his house to my flat, all the while I was sitting across the room watching it, making sure it didn't move or go anywhere I couldn't see it! So hero boyfriend came and saved me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah, love the story about your hubby being such a good boyfriend, hehe! Sweet man!
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)