Monday, July 29, 2013

Mia's favourite books

Mia loves bedtime - because it means it's story time!  I am happy to see that Mia looks as though she will love books as much as I do... And we're having fun in the book shops, adding to her collection in her bookshelf!  Just the other day she and I spent a happy half hour on the floor of Exclusive Books, both going "ooooh" and "aaaah"!

Here's a collection of her favourite books at the moment. She can already quote full paragraphs from most of these books.  I'll include some of these quotes beneath each pic!

"A mouse went for a stroll in a deep dark wood.  A fox saw the mouse, and the mouse looked good."

 "A gruffalo? What's a gruffalo?  Why, don't you know? He has terrible tusks, and terrible claws, and terrible teeth in his terrible jaws!"
 
"Buzz off! That's MY witch!"

"He's somewhere nearby... Eating gruffalo pie!"

The other day I told her I'm busy reading a magazine, and she quoted this book, "hush now, I'm trying to read my favourite magazine."

 "Kisses on noses, kisses on toes-es. Who likes to kiss?  I do, I do! Frogs like to kiss, and dogs like to kiss! 'Normous elephants do, and little tiny ants do!"
 
This is the newest book, so no quotes yet.

We choose one or two books per night, and often at the end she'll say, "let's read it again!"  Bedtime routine just got quite a bit longer...  But it's so special, I enjoy reading to her!  Although I do draw the line after reading the same story 3 times in a row!

xx

4 comments:

  1. Ah wow, thank you for the recommendations for new books, we are always on the look out for new and fun bedtime stories, especially since I can now 'read' Layla's favourites to her without even looking at the book once. Lol

    We have started a Dr Seuss collection in our home :)

    Love that Mia can quote her favourites, such a clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah a Dr Seuss collection is awesome!
      LOL @ reading Layla's favourite books without looking at the book, yes, I can see this happening to me with all these books! ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like great books, will definitely be on the look-out for them! Jamie also loves his bedtime stories, and I also have to repeat them quite often! Love how Mia quotes from the books, so sweet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely keep a look-out for these books, they're fab!
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)