Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pregnancy Update & Name Reveal!

1.  How far along are you now? 25 weeks today!

2.  When is your due date? 29 April 2014

3.  What has been your preggy high this week? Loving her kicks, and the way Wyn can feel them too.  Awesome to have a scan today and see her again - a fine nose, and long leggies, and beautiful open hands.  Also, today's appointment was with the new gynea, dr Grassie, and she's awesome, I really really like her!  Feeling so much more at peace about the whole situation.

4.  What has been your preggy low this week? Not feeling happy about my weight gain...

5.  What is your current over-riding emotion? Content mostly, and anticipation for this lil body to arrive, and a bit anxious about getting my to-do list in order!

6.  What is on your list of things to do in the next month regarding preparation for baby?  Get authorisation number from medical aid so that I can pre-book my hospital bed and open file at maternity ward.  Order mattress from TreeHouse. Sort through all Mia's baby clothes.

7.  What is your current craving? Loving mango, oh yum!

8.  How are you feeling physically? Fat, LOL.

9.  How are you feeling emotionally? Content.

10.  How is your partner dealing with the pregnancy at this stage? Great. He painted her room, and bought her a beautiful flower night light.  He was disappointed to miss the scan appointment today.

11.  How are you feeling about the pregnancy at this point? It's going by so fast, yet at the same time I can't wait for her to arrive!

12.  How much does baby weigh/measure at the moment? 665g today. So little!

13.  How much weight have you gained to date?  Sore point.  After Xmas, holidays, my brother's wedding...  I've gained 10kgs already.  Very upset about this, and nervous about how much more I'm going to pick up.  Trying hard from this week on to make better choices (I just typed "choccies" instead of "choices" - Freudian slip much?!) And really want to try get back into a regular gym routine to tone these muscles.  Really need to slow this weight gain down now, don't want to gain more than 15kg in total, eeeek!!!

14.  What is the nursery room theme and what have you done for the nursery recently? Hubby painted her room, grey, with a pink stripe through it. (Will share pics soon, just waiting for curtains.)  We bought beautiful material, mom-in-law is going to make the curtains, should get them end of February.  Not a specific theme, want to stick to the grey and pink colour scheme, and then maybe incorporate animals - have got two bunny canvasses for the walls.

15.  What are the latest baby-related items you have bought or got given? Bought a couple of odds and ends for her room - a pink dustbin, a grey laundry basket, a pink mat, storage shelves, some bum creams. A fleece babygro for wintertime.

16.  What are you looking forward to? I must admit, as much as I can't wait to have her in my arms, I do realise I need to savour these last three months of pregnancy.

Bump piccie:


And then, big news, we shared it with family and friends and on Facebook last week - we've decided on her name!

Ella Jill.  :-)

"Ella" is a name both Wyn and I have liked, ever since we were name-searching during Mia's pregnancy.  We made a list of names a while ago, other names on the list included: Ella, Emma, Lily, Abigail, Kylie, Ava, Amy, Lisa and Lize.  After a while we narrowed it down to either Ella or Emma.  And while on holiday at the sea, we decided on Ella Jill.  :-)

Ella means "beautiful fairy", or "goddess".  :-)

Very happy and excited about her name, and it's awesome to talk about her as Ella now.  The family have all reacted very positively to her name, everyone loves it.  Yay!

xx

6 comments:

  1. Ek geniet so om jou posts telees! Ella is pragtig en unique! Baie bly om tehoor alles gaan goed! My dogtertjie is nou eers maar 8 maande en ek voel sommer weer broeis! LOL. Geniet die laaste paar maande! Jax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Ag dis lekker om van jou te hoor, dankie dat jy hier inloer! Gaan nou gou op jou blog ook loer. Ag oulik @ 8 maande, dit raak net lekkerder en lekkerder! :-D
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I've loved catching up on your festive blogs. So much exciting stuff from your beautiful family. I see the bump is growing? Lovely.
    Hehe, I remember Liam's first 2 days at school went wonderfully, then the next 2 weeks were full of tears every morning. It seemed like it would never end. Now we are old hat at the drop offs. This year he keeps asking when he is going back to his old class, bless him. I still SMS the teacher, often. I don't think they mind, especially when they are still new.
    I've saved your recipe on my skokstok (flashdrive) as "Jess' Melting Moments" Will definately give them a try.
    Thanks for the update, love it. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching up here Helen, hope you had a good holiday time with your family!
      Good, try those cookies, they're really yum, and so easy to make.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Yay, so glad everything went well with your new gynae!
    Oh Jess, you look fabulous, would love to know where you are hiding 10kg's! But don't worry, my friend - together we're going to beat the kilos once again, like we ALWAYS do!
    Love the name Ella and its meaning, so beautiful and stunning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debs, me too, so happy about new gynea!
      Lol @ love to know where hiding 10kgs, believe me, I feel them, eish.
      Yes, together we'll beat them, I like that!
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)