Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Enjoying my gym workouts this week!

I went to the gym on Saturday, and just suddenly found my groove! I initially told Wyn that I'll be back in less than an hour, thinking I wouldn't be inspired to exercise very much... But then while on the treadmill, I decided to jog a lil bit too, and although I couldn't run for more than a minute at a time, I really enjoyed it, and ended up doing twenty minutes instead of my initial plan of only 5 minutes for warm-up.

Same thing happened when I did the weight machines, I just kept thinking, "this feels good!" and did way more than planned.  I felt so exhilerated when I left!

Went to the gym again on Sunday - Wyn really supports me so nicely in this and doesn't mind looking after the girlies while I escape. ;-)

Monday's workout was also fabulous, and only third day of jogging but already managed to do more than I could on Saturday.

I really enjoy the gym, the music gets me amped, the people all on their own mission, the variety of exercises I can choose from.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to go yesterday, and today I had the mirena fitted, so will go again on Friday.

(The mirena appointment went really well! Really love my gynea, dr Jacquie Grassie, she's fantastic.  I love the way she explained to me exactly what she's doing.  It wasn't nearly as painful as I expected it to be, uncomfortable, but over in 60 seconds! She answered all my questions too, put my mind at ease, and I'm happy with the decision so far.)

I heard a good expression this week when chatting to a friend for some weight loss tips, she said, "you can't outrun a bad diet" - and this is seriously the truth.  Diet is definitely the biggest aspect of losing weight - but I do like the way exercise makes me feel stronger and healthier, and the effect of toning muscles just helps weight loss so much too.

I'm down 1.2kg in two weeks - it's slower progress than I was hoping for, but it's progress nonetheless, I'll take it!

I like these Reasons To Be Fit piccies:




6 comments:

  1. Excellent work!!! That pace is fantastic, and the weeks go by so quickly, before you know it you'll step on the scale and you'll see your goal weight! Keep enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think it's important to enjoy it a bit too, hey, coz it's such damn hard work actually, LOL!
      You're right, the weeks do go so fast. Hope I can continue seeing this result, slow but sure is quite okay.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Whoop whoop for exercise mojo! Jy is my een voor daar, Jess - well done! Stuur so bietjie oomph vir my ook sebliefies!
    Every loss is a victory en die eerste 1.2 kg is n great begin, mooi so maatjie!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankie Debs, het die reminder nodig gehad dat elke loss 'n victory is, dankie!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I also used to love the way I felt after going to the gym. Isn't it those feel good hormones that exercising releases. Keep it up Jess !
    Glad the procedure went well. Yay for having a lekker gynie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right, the endorphins were definitely flowing!
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)