Friday, June 5, 2015

Of teething babies and pajama days!

Oh these ups and downs that make up the journey of parenthood!

Last week we went to see a paediatric pulmonologist about Mia's constant coughing.  We had to have a blood test done to check allergies, and it was very traumatic, for both Mia and mommy!  I haven't heard back from the doctor yet about her allergies, but she was put on two asthma pumps, and we'll see the doctor again in a month's time.  We've had 5 consecutive nights of no coughing - the best it's been in 3 months!

This little sad face just breaks my heart!

After the doc appointment and traumatic needle experience, I asked Mia what'll make her feel better - she chose cupcakes at the dairy farm!

Last week me, my sister, Mia and Ella went on a road trip to Polokwane to visit my folks!  Wyn was in Germany for 3 days.  It was great to visit Granny and Oupa for a few days, special times.

Mia built a 24-piece puzzle all by herself for the first time.  I couldn't believe it, she took me by surprise!  I thought she was just turning the pieces around and waiting while I changed Ella's nappy, and when I got to her, she was already halfway - so I went to make a cup of coffee, and when I got back, she had built the whole puzzle!  Big girl! ♥


Ella is busy cutting her molars. Gosh, they're taking forever... Sometimes she is a happy smiley chatty baby, like this face here:

But we've had a whole lot of this going on too:
 
Poor little one!  Often times she just wants to be in mommy's arms.  As much as I can, I do hold her, but gosh, this 11kg body takes it's toll sometimes.  I keep reminding myself how this is the smallest she'll ever be again, this phase will pass soon, and I just try and smooch her all better.

She's not walking yet, but definitely starting to test her balance more and more and just needs to get the self-confidence to actually give her first proper step.  She gives one or two steps between the couch or table to me, then falls into my arms and thinks it's a big game.

Mia's been enjoying school, they recently did numbers 1-10 and she took it very seriously, learning how to recognise and write them.


Ella loves her weekly Moms&Babes class, takes part so nicely and gets so excited when she hears the familiar songs.  I enjoy the hour of being completely focussed on her too!


 Today's freezing, and Mia's school has a Pajama Day - they all went to school in their pj's, and they're going to have Milo, marshmallows and pancakes! Bliss!

My first week back on the weight loss mission went well - I'm down 0.5kg since the 1st of June, yay!  Now to just keep going at this pace!
xx

6 comments:

  1. Have you looked at Singulair for her? It's been a life save in our C's younger years with his asthma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - we used Monte-Air last year November, and it worked for her one coughing stint - but when she started in March this year I used it again, and it didn't even help, couldn't believe it! xx

      Delete
  2. Catching up on blogs at last!

    Mia is such a big girl, and growing up way too fast.
    Just as Ella - she is too gorgeous for words! They both are! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks for catching up here Debs, appreciate it! ;-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful girls! I hope the pulmonologist gets it all figured out for Mia, not nice to have all that coughing going on! And best of luck for Ella's molars, those are the worst - hope they are out by now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend, Mia's coughing is better at last, so relieved!! Asthma meds worked!
      Molars are taking their sweet time, gosh...
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)