Friday, July 17, 2015

We made cloud dough!

A couple of times, Mia and I have made "moon sand" - see my post about it here.  Then I recently came across a slightly different version of it, this time called "cloud dough" - mostly the same ingredients as the moon sand, but then I specifically liked this recipe, Calming Lavender Cloud Dough - the idea to add some colour using crushed chalk, and lavender essential oil really appealed to me!

I only made a quarter of the recipe as mentioned, I didn't have enough flour.  Crushing the coloured chalk was quite a mission, I used our pestle & mortar, but was well worth the effort!


This was such an awesome sensory play for both girls - the soft texture, the pretty colour, the divine smell.  Ella did try and have a taste but realised it's not tasty, haha!

Both girls slept really well last night - could it be the lavender? Maybe!

xx

6 comments:

  1. LOL, funnily enough I cringe whenever Liam gets out his moonsand. That stuff makes such a mess.
    Yay for the girls having a good sleep. Maybe they should play with it everday or hang a little lavender sack in their beds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, yes, it makes a mess, definitely only an outdoor thing!
      I know, was also thinking of ways to incorporate lavender more often!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love the way they bring their toys into the dough. Nicky also takes toys and trucks into his sand and kinetic sand too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, love seeing how they create their own games with their toys! Even baby Ella copies Mia and let's the animals "walk"!
      xx

      Delete

Would love to hear from you! :-)