Monday, December 7, 2015

Marie Biscuit Fudge

Last week was our Christmas party at Ella's Moms&Tots class, and I had to take a plate of sweet eats, something suitable for both adults and the toddlers.  What's better than marie biscuit fudge? Everyone loves that!

It's so quick and easy to make.

Ingredients:
 - 1 packet Marie biscuits, crushed into crumbs and small pieces
 - 500g icing sugar
 - half a cup cocoa
 - 1 egg, lightly beaten, add a dash of vanilla essence
 - 250g butter, melted

Method:
I melt the butter in the microwave on low.
I crush the marie biscuits with my pestle and mortar.
Then add the icing sugar and cocoa and give it a bit of a stir through, before adding the beaten egg and the melted butter.  Stir through (don't burn with the melted butter!)
Press flat into a pan, and pop it into the fridge to chill.
Cut into squares.
Keep in airtight container - I like mine cold, so keep it in the fridge.

Yum!!

A fond memory I have about these treats, is that when I was in college, my darling Granny used to give me frozen containers of meals she had cooked for dinner and kept some aside for me.  I would then just pop them in my freezer and take them out as I needed a meal.  Once, I didn't check what was inside the container, took it out in the morning to defrost, and that evening when I wanted to warm it up and opened it for the first time - it was a container full of marie biscuit fudge!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely memories of your Granny leaving you meals and you finding fudge. What a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I puffy heart Marie Biscuit Fudge - just a pity my hubby does not so I usually have a whole batch to eat all by myself.
    What a special memory of your gran <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! :-)